I did this as a challenge to my students on my Facebook group: take one of those lousy Architecture magazines that feature “complete projects” and make one of those projects look good.
As you can see, not much information there (even though the magazine says it’s “complete”, lol). That made it a bit harder to work with, since I had to come up with color schemes, materials and most details, but was also a lot of fun to do. As an architect, I sadly don’t get to design much these days, so whenever I have the oportunity of exercising that particular muscle I go for it.
Anyway, this is what I came up with after a week of not-so-hard work (and a 2-month hiatus from it):
It was also a nice oportunity to work with a different post-production style. I added a lot of stuff in post, such as the haze, the God Rays and all the dirt and leaks.
The final render took around 35 minutes (full HD on my i7 4770) and post took almost the same time.
I also did a quick night version of it:
Well, that’s it. Hope you enjoy it!